Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Move on

As I grow, there are certain lessons that I find to be very helpful in my life. I am on an Acro-gymnastics team and one advice that my coach gave, had a profound impact in my life. Our routines are usually 5 mins of fast paces action. As soon as you finish this move, you have at most 5 secs to think, prep and act on the next move. If you mess up on one move and not move on, one you have little time to prepare for the next move and therefore raising the chances for failure, and consequently causing a chain, from one move to the next, but if you acknowledge the failure and move on, you are able to focus on the next move, raising the chances of success. And so is life. We make mistakes, but sometimes we hold on to some of these mistakes for too long, that we unknowingly hinder ourselves from realizing future successes

1 comment:

  1. Haha i am here. And yeah this is so true,we need to focus more on what happens next,what we will do moving forward and not on what is behind us unless ofcourse we are in a history class in which case,hindsight must come before present and foresight.

    ReplyDelete